Executive Director Position (PIPA Conservation Trust)
The PIPA Conservation Trust (the PIPA “Trust”) seeks an innovative, experienced leader to plan and direct the operations of an established nonprofit organization located in Tarawa.
The PIPA Trust was legally established in 2009 as a corporate body under the laws of Kiribati. It is also registered in the US as a charitable organization. Its primary activity is to utilize its assets, financed through an endowment, to provide for:
a) administration of and operation of the PIPA Trust;
b) management of the Phoenix Islands Protected Area;
c) ensuring the exploitation of the resources of the Phoenix Islands Protected Area remains limited or protected. Its secondary activity is to support conservation initiatives throughout Kiribati, such as the “Bring PIPA Home” initiative.
The Role - The Executive Director provides vision, leadership, and motivates the organization to adhere to the highest quality standards for the operation of the PIPA Trust.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Responsible for the overall management and direction of the PIPA Trust, the achievement of its mission and financial stability.
• Reports to the PIPA Trust’s Board of Directors and is responsible for the development and implementation of the annual operating plans, internal operations manuals and policies as may be required, and annual budgets for consideration and approval by the PIPA Trust’s Board.
• Ensures the operations of the PIPA Trust are in full compliance with Phoenix Islands Protected Area Conservation Trust Act
• Serves as principal liaison with the PIPA Management Committee for purposes of monitoring and understanding the implementation status of the PIPA Management Plan.
Key selection criteria:
· At least a Masters degree in development, marine science, law, international relations, or other relevant discipline from a recognized university.
2. Essential Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, capable administrator, skillful advocate, solid relationship-builder and demonstrated fundraiser, with a talent for building consensus among partners, stakeholders and communities.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits.
For a full job description, contact:
How To Apply: